Administration and Finance Officer - Ukraine Response
Contract length: 3 months with the possibility of extension
Travel: None anticipated
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary range: 2,280-2,700 USD/month
Deadline for applications: August 15, 2022*
*Due to the urgency of the vacancy, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and if the ideal candidate is identified before the closing date, CLEAR Global reserves the right to close the recruitment before the application deadline.
This is a re-advertised position. We thank all for their interest in CLEAR Global, however previous applicants need not apply.
CLEAR Global is committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team,
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays,
- the flexibility of home-based/remote work,
- accommodation and per diems when on deployment.
The Administration and Finance Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the Ukraine Regional Response team, reporting to the Operations manager. This includes, but is not limited to, financial, administrative, logistics, procurement, compliance and other support with a main focus on finance.
Finance and Compliance Support:
- Support the Operations Manager in developing and implementing transparent accounting tools and systems in accordance with contractual and organizational requirements, and in collaboration with the Program Team.
- Capture transactions in the books of account (QuickBooks) to ensure accurate accounting data in the system. Provide support in all financial accounting matters, including maintenance of the general ledger, balance sheet, receipts, payments and payroll requirements.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is available, complete and accurately maintained to enable efficient payment and a complete audit trail.
- Support the Operations Manager and Country Director in tracking projects and operational expenses, all statutory legislation, particularly with regard to the organization’s registration and post-registration affairs, and fulfilling the reporting obligations to the local government, as/if applicable.
- Liaise with CLEAR Global accounting team on invoices and payments, data-base reconciliation and other procurement and accounting matters.
- Provide general administrative support including preparing written documentation, maintaining the filing system, note taking, arranging meetings, etc.
- Create and maintain filing systems specifically for registration and permissions for various countries covered in this response
- Support in organizing program activities such as training sessions, research, translations, monitoring and evaluation, meetings, etc., including travel arrangements, hotel bookings, transportation, etc.
- Support with completion of expense reports, invoices, other internal processes ensuring smooth interaction with centralized support teams
- Assist in managing travel as required such as: arranging visas, booking flights, amending flight reservations, booking hotels, arranging local permits, coordinating transport arrangements, etc.
Please note that these roles and responsibilities are approximate and may change over time.
The Administration and Finance Officer should be a self-starter with experience managing competing priorities in a fast-paced, complex operation. The right candidate is an energetic team player who agrees with CLEAR Global’s basic beliefs and values and who can work virtually with team members based throughout the world.
- Experience in providing administrative functions in a busy office environment
- Experience in providing substantive financial support and solid understanding of Quickbooks, Excel or similar
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Familiarity with Google systems, Slack, and generally tech-savvy
- Understanding of the humanitarian sector and/or the language industry a plus
- Good time management skills and attention to details
- Able to work with remote global teams
- 3+years’ experience in a finance, compliance and administration role, ideally in non-governmental organizations
- Educational background in accounting/finance/administration
- Strong written and spoken English is essential
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or other languages of the response a plus
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a
language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise
awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 80,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the
value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR
Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.